Last updated: 7 June 2019
Pacira BioSciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries (the “Company”, "we", "us", "our"), respect your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice provides you with information about how we process the personal information of individuals who use our website.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect, for example, how we process your personal information or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons. Please therefore re-visit this Privacy Notice regularly to stay informed.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
What Information We Collect and HowOur website may collect personal information that can be used to identify locate, or contact you if you provide it to us, such as your name, organization, address, email address, phone number, fax number, credentials, specialties, affiliations, publication history and involvement with clinical trials.
We and our service providers may also automatically collect your personal information through the use of internet browser cookies and other technologies used to track your use of our website. We use this information to better understand, customize and improve user experience with our websites, services and offerings as well as to manage our advertising. This information may include the URL of the website you came from, browser software you use, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, IP ports, date/time of access, data transferred, pages visited and amount of time you spend on our website. For more information please see our Cookie Notice.
How Collected Information Is Being Used We may also use your personal information in the following ways:
- to accomplish our business purposes;
- to deliver requested services and/or providing you with related customer service;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to comply with any legal obligations that apply to us;
- for data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of the service;
- for audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- for fraud and security monitoring purposes;
- for developing new products and services;
- for product safety, such as adverse event reporting or to communicate product safety information to you;
- for enhancing, improving or modifying our website or products and services;
- for determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- to better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests; and
- to better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via the service that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
Legal BasisOur legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to provide our services to you, respond to your queries, undertake marketing activities, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below.
How Collected Personal Information May Be SharedWe may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us, or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers and your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Appropriate contractual and other measures are in place to protect personal information when it is transferred to our affiliates or third parties in other countries, such as the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, which require recipients of personal information to protect personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law.
Information RetentionYour personal information will be retained for as long as needed or permitted for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject, including tax and accounting requirements;
- Our ability to provide products and services;
- Requirements to conduct audits;
- Our need to pursue legitimate business purposes;
- Ability to enforce our agreements and comply with applicable laws.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How Your Personal Information Is SecuredWe employ appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to safeguard personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no computer system or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Your RightsDepending on where you are resident and how you interact with us, you may have the following rights:
- Right of access: the right to obtain a copy of your personal information;
- Right to rectification: the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal information concerning you;
- Right to erasure: the right to ask us to erase your personal information;
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request restriction of processing of your personal information, in which case, we will continue storing your personal information, but not process it;
- Right to data portability: the right to receive your personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- Right to object: the right to object the processing of your personal information by us;
- Right to opt-out of marketing communications: You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the "Contact Us” heading below.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority: For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Contacting UsFor more information or to exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
- Pacira BioSciences, Inc.
- Attn: Data Privacy
- 5 Sylvan Way, Suite 300
- Parsippany, NJ 07054
The data controller of your personal information will depend on the Pacira entity you interact with. We can provide more details on request.